Sikkim Manipal University distance MBA important notes
1. Sikkim Manipal University authorised Centres are permitted to provide counselling services to students admitted by the University into its Diploma. Bachelors, Postgraduate Diploma and Masters Degree programs. Please visit our website, www.smude.edu.in for programs permitted for counselling at specific centres.
2. A candidate seeking admission in Bachelor or Masters degree programs offered by SMU is not permitted to pin any Bachelor or Masters degree program offered by any recognised University/Board/Institution in India. Any student undergoing Bachelor or Masters degree in any recognized University/Board/Institution in India is not permitted to seek admission in Bachelor or Masters degree by SMU.
Some of the programs are designed for multiple entry and exit:
Credit Transfer Option: Students of other recognized University can seek a transfer. Based on program and study up to a minimum of 50% of the program with SMU-DE These Students need to submit a migration certificate / undertaking letter Wile seeking admission with requisite fees.
Re Entry Scheme: Re-entry denotes continuation of study by erstwhile SMU Students with requisite qualification. Wherein the marks secured in the eerier SMU Examinations will be carried over. The re-entry schemes indicated are applicable only to the students of SMU-DE.
Exit Options: Candidates may exit the program at any stage as applicable and will get the corresponding Diploma / PG Diploma / Advanced Diploma based on the number of semesters / examinations completed at the time of exit.
3. Foreign Students: All Foreign students seeking admission to the Distance Learning programs of SMU should be either working in India or should have dependents working in India. No eligibility certificate will be issued to a student who comes to India only to join Sikkim Manipal UniversityÂ programs. Foreign nationals seeking admission in India are required to submit the additional application form. The form is available on the website www.smude.edu.in.
4. All the support documents enclosed along with the application form have to be attested by a Gazetted Officer or Notary Public or Principal of College! Polytechnic under the University System/Directorate of Technical Education or Head of Institution from which the student passed the eligibility criteria and additionally to be certified by the Centre Head. Failing which the application will be rejected. The centre head or the designated person has to verify all the support documents by putting his signature and seal of the LC.
5. Without a valid Residential Permit (RP). international students in India will not be allowed to appear for examinations: RP should be submitted within 10 days of the last date of admission falling whichÂ Provisional admissions will be cancelled.
6. Mid session centre transfers are not permitted. Transfer from one centre to another for foreign nationals is not permitted.
7. There is no provision for doing dual programs of SMU-DE at the same lime. A candidate is permitted 10 pursue only one program of SMU-DE at a time.
8. The student of the final semester of Degree/ Diploma program will have to pay the requisite fee as prescribed by the University at the tune Of registration for the final semester for automatic issue of Degree / Diploma certificate.
9. The Sikkim Manipal University reserves the right to add / delete / change the syllabus, program structure, rules and regulations without any prior notice. As and when required, as per changes in environment. Students are advised to visit the University website www.smude.edu.in where all circulars and important information will be posted from time to time. Promulgation of any such information in the website in the form of circulars / notices is considered to be adequate.
10. Sikkim Manipal University fees:
(A) In addition to the program fee. Applicant needs to pay Application and Prospectus fee prescribed by University at the time of Admission.
(B) All payments shall be made by the students only in the form of pay order / draft drawn in favor of ‘Sikkim Manipal University. DE payable at location of issue and student should endorse the name application number and centre code on the reverse of the DD. The students are advised to retain the counterfoil and a photocopy of the DD with them for their reference.
(C) Payment of fees can also be made through any credit / debit card of Master Card / VISA Card swiping at select University Centres.
(D) Payment of fees can also be made by Net Banking / secured payment gateway facility provided by the sikkim manipal university.
Are you Interested in doing MBA or any other course? Fill in your details below and we will connect you with the Institute.